On the Left
- Time To Double Check Your Paycheck! (You Could Be Paying Later). From the Michigan League for Public Policy’s blog Factually Speaking, federal tax reform and your paycheck.
- DeVos Fails Standardized Test From Progress Michigan, a reflection on Betsy DeVos’ latest interview on 60 Minutes.
- The Sinister Motive Behind Trump & DeVos' Plan To Harden Schools From Eclectablog, the Executive Administration’s plan for improving safety and education outcomes in schools.
On the Right
- The Revolution Has Started. Now Michigan Must Lead It. From Governor Rick Snyder’s blog, redeveloping the education system to better reflect the future of technology and demand.
- Want Money For Roads? Take It From This Failing Program From the Mackinac Center for Public Policy blog The MC, how Michigan’s Business Development program funds could be better spent.
- Put ISD Funding On Education Budget Table From Michigan Capitol Confidential, an argument for reducing Intermediate School District funding.
Down the Middle
- Candidates For Governor Secretive About Their Personal Finances From Politically Speaking, a lack of transparency surrounding gubernatorial candidate finances.
- Howes: Warren Evans Launches Yet Another Push For Regional Transportation In SE Michigan From Michigan Public Radio’s Stateside, a revised regional transit plan submitted for Southeast Michigan.
- Michigan Legislature Could Usher In New Era Of Investment By Restoring State Historic Tax Credit From the Community Economic Development Association of Michigan, a push for reinstating state tax credit for historic building preservation.