Our weekly roundup of policy-relevant reads and IPPSR-connected research.
- Assault Weapon Ban Bill 'Dead On Arrival' Michigan Republican Says MPLP alumni and State Sen. Ken Horn offers criticism on recent assault weapon ban bill.
- Mich. Educators Grapple With How Best to Close Computer Literacy Gap in Schools MPLP alumni and State Rep. Amanda Price discusses the difficulty in computer access for students.
- Tom Watkins: Flint Crisis Still Hurting Good People MPLP alumni and past IPPSR Public Policy Forum panelist Tom Watkins pens article on Flint water crisis.
- Michigan Public More Conservative Than State Policy Insiders IPPSR’s Michigan Policy Insiders Panel survey finds ideological differences between the public and policy insiders.
- Campaign 2016: Your Taxes and the Presidential Candidates IPPSR affiliates Charles Ballard and Ross Emmett are quoted on the presidential election.
- Snyder Signs Bill Allowing More Businesses to Obtain Liquor Licenses MPLP alumni and State Sen. Wayne Schmidt sponsors bill helping more businesses obtain liquor licenses.
- MSU Experts Can Discuss Election Issues IPPSR Affiliates available to discuss a range of election-related issues.
- MSU Program to Host Postelection Wrap-Up Nov. 11 IPPSR to co-host upcoming election wrap-up event with the Michigan Political History Society.
- Clinton Has a Big Lead Over Trump in Michigan, MSU Survey Shows IPPSR Director Matt Grossmann discusses results of latest State of the State survey.