Our weekly roundup of policy-relevant reads and IPPSR-connected research.
- MSU Education Professor Calls For Action To Help Detroit Schools IPPSR Affiliate David Arsen creates video brief outlining how best to help Detroit schools.
- Schools Probably Won't Be Impacted If Lansing Becomes Sanctuary City, Expert Says IPPSR Affiliate Kristi Bowman discusses potential school funding impacts of claiming sanctuary city status.
- The Fight Over Charter Schools Made Los Angeles' School Board Race Historically Expensive IPPSR Affiliate Sarah Reckhow comments on extreme spending increases in school board elections.
- MSU Study: Most Michiganders Prioritize Environment Over Economy IPPSR Affiliate Daniel Bergan’s recent study finds that 59 percent of Michigan residents put prioritize the environment over the economy.
- Spartans Honored For Making Difference In Community IPPSR Affiliate Rebecca Campbell and MSU Extension Director Jeff Dwyer receive awards for the positive impact their work has had in the community.
- A Border Tax Could Make Your Next Car Cost $2,500 More IPPSR Affiliate Charles Ballard discusses the unintended consequences of a border tax.
- 'Michigan Matters' Spotlight: Howard Dean & Ana Navarro On Trump Plus Local Politics Too IPPSR’s recent MPLP Annual Fundraising Dinner and Breakfast featured speakers Howard Dean and Ana Navarro.
- Post-Election Political Activism Could Have Staying Power IPPSR Director Matt Grossmann comments on the post-election uptick in political activism.
- Michigan Lawmakers Continue Work On Plan To Help Redevelop Abandoned Sites MPLP Alumni and state Sen. Ken Horn backing tax incentive plan for developers.
- Michigan House Oks Criminal Justice Overhaul MPLP Alumni and House Minority Leader Sam Singh comments on recent criminal justice bills.