Our weekly roundup of policy-relevant reads and IPPSR-connected research.
- Michigan Outlook: Companies Expect To Hire In 2017 IPPSR affiliate Charles Ballard discusses the challenges of gaining skilled trade workers in Michigan.
- Head Of Michigan's Unemployment Agency Reassigned After Thousands Wrongly Accused Of Fraud Michigan Political Leadership Program Alumni and House Minority Leader Sam Singh comments on UIA failings.
- Schuette's Office Ok'd Flint Order Alleged Tainted Water Crimes IPPSR Public Policy Forum panelist and Wayne State University Professor Peter Hammer discusses conflicts with AG Flint water investigation.
- In Michigan A Test Case For US Public Schools Under Trump? IPPSR Affiliate Josh Cowen comments on Michigan charter school and school-of-choice policies.
- Explainer: What You Should Know About Right-To-Work Laws MPLP Alumni and state Representative Tim Greimel is quoted on Michigan right-to-work policies.
- Amanda Price Bill Opens Possibility For Lowering Community College Costs MPLP Alumni and state Rep. Amanda Price sponsored a recently signed bill allowing counties to join community college districts.
- Party Asymmetry In The Age Of Trump IPPSR Director Matt Grossmann’s new book Asymmetric Politics is discussed in a recent article.
- Gov. Synder Signs Legislation Allowing Some Hunting, Fishing Licenses To Be Displayed Electronically MPLP alumnus and State Sens. Margaret O’Brien and Ken Horn sponsor bill to create Michigan Historical Center within the Department of Natural Resources.
- New Law Eases Forfeiture Fights MPLP Alumni and State Sen. Wayne Schmidt supported bill eliminating payment requirements for civil forfeiture.