Our weekly roundup of policy-relevant reads and IPPSR-connected research
- Michigan's Stumbling Middle Class IPPSR Affiliate Charles Ballard, director of the State of the State Survey, discusses a stagnating economy and persistent income inequality in Michigan with Bridge Magazine.
- Teacher Applicants Not Meeting State Expectations IPPSR Affiliate Sarah Reckhow comments on the teacher shortage in Michigan.
- Michigan Ranked 33rd Most Romantic State In Study By MSU Professor IPPSR Affiliate William Chopik ranks states by romantic relationships.
- Betsy Devos's Michigan Legacy IPPSR Affiliate Joshua Cowen’s research on school choice policies is cited in recent article.
- 3 Writing Lessons From Infographics IPPSR Affiliate Karl Gude offers tips on creating graphic visualizations.
- Editorial: Prison A Poor Place For The Mentally Ill MPLP Alumni and IPPSR Public Policy Forum panelist Tom Watkins Jr comments on mental illness in the criminal justice system.
- Lawmakers Look To Phase Out Michigan Income Tax MPLP Alumni and House Democratic Leader Sam Singh is quoted on potential income tax cuts and infrastructure needs.
- State May Force Closure Of Two Schools In Pontiac MPLP Alumni and Rep. Tim Greimel discusses potential school closures.
- Capitol Control Concentrated In Mid-Michigan MPLP Alumni and Rep. Jeremy Moss chosen as House Minority Whip in new legislative session.