Our weekly roundup of policy-relevant reads and IPPSR-connected research.
- Mumford Academy Principal, Staff Have A Year To Prove School Should Survive IPPSR affiliate David Arsen provides remarks on the Education Achievement Authority.
- Understanding Trauma Is an Important Part of Every Sexual Violence Story IPPSR affiliate Rebecca Campbell discusses the barriers assault victims face in reporting their stories.
- Growing Food, Jobs, Jam And Community On An Urban Farm IPPSR affiliate Eric Freedman pens article on urban farming in Detroit.
- New Survey From MSU, U-M Taps Michigan Insider Opinions IPPSR Director Matt Grossmann launches new survey tool to gauge opinions in the Michigan policymaking community.
- Seniors Not Scared of Social Media After All IPPSR affiliate William Chopik discusses increasing use of social media by senior citizens.
- Michigan Posts Its Largest Income Gain Since The Recession IPPSR affiliate and State of the State Survey Director Charley Ballard discusses Michigan’s economic recovery.
In Light Of Federal Appeals Decision, Do Michiganders Have Right To Vote For Local Leaders? Recent IPPSR policy forum panelist Peter Hammer discusses his reaction to federal appeals court ruling on Michigan’s Emergency Manager law.
Degree Of Difficulty: Little Action In Lansing To Increase College Degrees MPLP alumni and House Democratic Floor Leader Sam Singh is quoted on the need for increasing educational attainment among Michigan citizens.
- Poll: Americans Favor Slightly Higher Bills To Fight Global Warming IPPSR affiliate Tom Dietz is quoted on Americans’ willingness to pay in the effort against Global Warming.