Our weekly roundup of policy-relevant reads and IPPSR-connected research.
- Michigan Schools That Sue The State Would Be Punished Under 2018 Budget IPPSR Affiliate Kristi Bowman reacts to a new school state budget provision.
- Has The Death Of American Manufacturing Been Exaggerated? IPPSR Affiliate Lisa Cook discusses the ongoing importantance of manufacturing at recent Aspen Ideas Festival.
- Does Religion Protect Against Suicide? MSU researcher Ning Hsieh explores the relationships between religious participation and suicide in recent study.
- Greitens Signs Bill Creating Alert System For Attacks On Law Enforcement Officers IPPSR Affiliate David Carter discusses the effectiveness of “Blue Alerts.”
- The Secret To Living Forever May Be The Quality Of Your Friendships IPPSR Affiliate William Chopik talks friendships and health.
- Silicon Valley Spurs Coding Push In Schools IPPSR Affiliate Sarah Reckhow comments on initiatives to bring coding to schools.
- MI Senator Aims To Ban Use Of Redskins Mascot Michigan Political Leadership Program (MPLP) Alumni and state Sen. Wayne Schmidt introduces bill that would ban the use of “Redskins” as school mascots.
- Michigan Tax Incentives For Large Companies Falls Apart In House MPLP Alumni and House Democratic Leader Sam Singh comments on tax incentive bills.
- In Michigan, Disagreement Over The Significance Of Gerrymandering And How To Address It MPLP Alumni and state Rep. Jeremy Moss discusses gerrymandering in Michigan.