On the Left
- Homelessness Increases Across the State, Especially for Senior Citizens, Families Michigan Advances writes about a Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) report highlighting the increase in homelessness throughout the state.
- A Broken Budget Demands a Big Pen A Michigan League for Public Policy blog post writes about what Michigan’s budget could have been – in the League’s words – had the “Legislature prioritized people over partisanship.”
- Progressive Women's Caucus Members Introduce Domestic Violence Awareness Resolutions The Michigan Progressive Women’s Caucus introduced resolutions to name October as Domestic Violence Awareness Month in Michigan, reported in an article in Michigan Advance.
Down the Middle
- Why Michigan's complex housing issues don’t have easy solution David Allen, chief marketing analyst for MSHDA, gives reasons why there is no single solution to the affordable housing crisis in Michigan in a guest commentary published in Bridge Magazine.
- Cutting Michigan Tuition Grant puts the state at stake An article published in Bridge Magazine warns that cutting the Michigan Tuition Grant will harm students and the state economy.
- New electric school buses will benefit student health in Michigan Liesl Clark, director of Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy, writes about benefits that electric buses in Michigan will have on students and the environment in a Bridge Magazine guest commentary.
On the Right
- Keep Pure Michigan Spending at $0 A Mackinac Center for Public Policy article calls Pure Michigan ineffective and a drain on Michigan’s resources.
- A Conservative Case for Expunging Criminal Records An article in Michigan Capitol Confidential describes the expungement bill package introduced in the Michigan Legislature. The article was previously published in the Detroit News.