On the Left
- State Lawmakers Introduce Bills to Protect Survivors of Domestic Violence The Progressive Women’s Caucus has introduced legislation that would increase protections at work and home for domestic and sexual abuse survivors. From an article in Michigan Advance.
- The Governor Steps Up to Help Struggling Families Keep Their Savings The Michigan League for Public Policy writes about Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s moves to help struggling families.
Down the Middle
- Is Literacy a Constitutional Right? A Detroit Legal Case Could Decide A Bridge Magazine article explains the debate surrounding the constitutionality of literacy in Michigan.
- Restore financial aid to Michiganders in prison In a Bridge Magazine guest commentary, a researcher calls for expanded access to financial aid for students in prison.
- Gov. Whitmer’s effort to ban vaping products was the right move A guest commentary written by Robert Shaner, superintendent of Rochester Community Schools, supports Whitmer’s ban on flavored vaping products. It was published in Bridge Magazine.
On the Right
- What Happens Now to Roads In Michigan A Mackinac Center for Public Policy article outlines potential paths for lawmakers to fix Michigan roads.
- Is There Really A Teacher Shortage? Grand Rapids Shows It's Complicated Michigan Capitol Confidential describes the teacher shortage in Michigan and why Grand Rapids schools show that it may not be the case.
- The Student Debt Problem is Widely Misunderstood – Here Are Some Solutions Student loan debt stands around $1.5 trillion in the US. An article published in Mackinac Center for Public Policy explains why student debt and tuition costs are on an upward trend.