On the Left
- Bipartisan Bills Introduced Allowing Student Athletes to Get Paid An article from Michigan Advance shares details of the legislation introduced into the Michigan House of Representatives allowing college athletes to be compensated.
- Alex Rossman: Raise the Age is a Criminal Justice Reform Win for the Ages A column published in Michigan Advance discusses the Raise the Age Legislation that was signed into law by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.
Down the Middle
- No Deal: Senate GOP Rejects Possible Budget Compromise An article from Bridge Magazine shares insight into budget negotiations between Republican lawmakers and Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.
- Experts: Pay teachers more to curb Michigan’s long-term substitute ‘crisis’ A Bridge Magazine-sponsored expert panel discussed the teacher shortage issue in Michigan and its impact on students.
- Michigan House passes plan to expand the state’s expungement lawsThe state House has passed a proposed law to erase certain crimes from long-term records. The legislation passed with bipartisan support and went to the Michigan Senate.