On the Left
- Fixing Michigan’s upside-down tax system: The case for a graduated income tax An article published in Michigan Advance makes the case for a graduated income tax in Michigan.
- House Dem Lawmakers Push Housing Affordability Bills An article in Michigan Advance outlines pending legislation to address housing affordability in Michigan.
Down the Middle
- Domestic violence doesn't spare LGBT community An article published in the Detroit Free Press notes the gaps left in domestic violence safety provisions when it comes to the LGBT community.
- Michigan Term Limits Face Court Challenge from Former Lawmakers Bridge Magazine writes about a federal lawsuit against the state to end term limits.
- Michigan Finds Some Success Fighting Opiate Crisis on Front Line: Emergency Rooms Bridge Magazine publishes an article about how emergency rooms are helping alleviate the opioid crisis in Michigan.
On the Right
- Targeted Tax Preferences are Unfair An article in the Mackinac Centre for Public Policy blog discusses calls targeted tax preferences unfair.
- Michigan Should Invest in Student Mobility Scholarships The Mackinac Centre for Public Policy publishes a blog calling for student mobility scholarships to be awarded to disadvantaged students facing transportation challenges.