On the Left
- Legislature must act so school employees get paid during COVID-19 shutdown Paula Herbert from Michigan Advance urges legislators to take action in ensuring all school employees continue to be paid during the coronavirus crisis.
- Home quarantine isn’t safe for victims of domestic abuse amid coronavirus crisis An article published in the Detroit Free Press highlights how social distancing can be a threat for victims of domestic abuse.
- Gov. asks Trump to Fund Continued National Guard use for Coronavirus Michigan Advance reports that Michigan’s Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has asked President Donald Trump to continue to authorize federal funding for the National Guard to help distribute resources.
Down the Middle
- Michigan Families can get Food, Cash, and Internet During Coronavirus An article published in Bridge Magazine guides Michigan families to how to get assistance while also working to stop the spread of novel Coronavirus.
- Wayne County: No foreclosures in 2020 for coronavirus outbreak A Detroit Free Press article highlights the tax foreclosure problem in Detroit and reports that a recent decision of the moratorium on foreclosures is welcome news for Detroit homeowners.
- How to for Unemployment Benefits in Michigan Amid Coronavirus Crisis An article in Bridge Magazine guides Michigan residents in applying for unemployment benefits.
On the Right
- Michigan's Taxes Are Already Progressive A Detroit News article republished by The Mackinac Centre for Public Policy talks about why a graduated income tax proposal may not deliver on its promise.
- State’s Coronavirus Spending Bill Infected with Irony The Mackinac Centre for Public Policy argues that a spending bill passed to address coronavirus needs instead serves narrow interests.
- State Government's Obstacles to Virus Recovery An article in Michigan’s Capitol Confidential outlines what it describes as government-imposed obstacles in the way of Michigan fighting the spread of the coronavirus.