On the Left
- Michigan deserves great schools and roads. It’s time for a graduated income tax. It’s time for a graduated income tax, Michigan Advance Editor-in-Chief Susan J Demas writes in a commentary.
- House Dems Push New Business Taxes to Fix Roads An article from Michigan Advance shares Democrats plan to fix Michigan roads splitting from Gov. Whitmer’s proposal.
- Are You Present? In order to win, we can’t just be present on Election Day. An article from Michigan League for Public Policy describes policy issues to act on.
On the Right
- Michigan Road Funding at Record Levels without Proposed Tax Hike An article from the Mackinac Center for Public Policy suggests lawmakers should be aware of current funding being spent on roads.
- Growth Fuels Budget Priorities in House and Senate Budgets An article from the Mackinac Center for Public Policy says it is possible to raise funding for roads without raising taxes.
- State Data doesn't Support Newspaper's Dire Report on Bridges An article from Michigan’s Capitol Confidential argues against Detroit Free Press article describing Michigan’s poor bridges as reaching a crisis point.
Down the Middle
- No distinction needed, ‘special assessments’ are taxes Eric Lupher, president of the Cittizen’s Research Council, writes an opinion piece published in The Detroit News about special assessments and their use as revenue for local government services.
- Michigan high schools should require college financial aid literacy Rep. Darrin Camilleri writes in guest commentary published in Bridge Magazine about the need for students to know more about how to find financial resources for their college education.
- State needs inclusive food systems Food entrepreneurs of color have been facing decades of institutional and systemic barriers, says a Detroit News opinion piece written by an advocate of inclusive food systems.