On the Left
- State Recommends Shrinking Caro Mental Health Facility An article from Michigan Advance outlines the state’s recommendation on the fate of a rural mental health facility.
- Child Care is Critical for the State’s Economic Infrastructure An article from Michigan League for Public Policy highlights the importance of child care.
- GOP Sues to Block Redistricting Commission An article from Michigan Advance discusses the Republican strategy to block the state’s new redistricting commission.
On the Right
- Cut the Budget, Raise Taxes or Wait An article from the Mackinac Center for Public Policy shares ways to find more resources for road repairs.
- Budget Reforms: In Praise of Cuts to Corporate Welfare An article from Michigan Capitol Confidential suggests spending cuts to finance state legislative priorities.
- Michigan Utilities Plan for an Inefficient Future While clean energy jobs increase, a Michigan Capitol Confidential article questions energy produced for each person put to work.
Down the middle
- Untreated mental illness, substance abuse ‘staggering’ in Michigan An article from Bridge Magazine highlights a study showing a staggering number of untreated mental health patients in Michigan.
- Rural children more than twice as likely to be homeless in Michigan While urban counties are estimated to have a higher number of homeless children age 4 or younger, Michigan’s rural counties that have the highest rates of homelessness, says a Bridge Magazine article.
- Dingell, Tlaib urge Democratic candidates to tackle immigration reform An M-Live article reports that two Michigan congresswomen called for immigration reform to be a topic of the Democratic presidential debate in Detroit.