On the Left
- Michigan AFL-CIO Backs LGBTQ Rights Push in Local Governments An article in Michigan Advance shares Michigan AFL-CIO’s statement that backs efforts in communities around the state to recognize June as Pride Month.
- Trump is making George W. Bush’s attacks on science look quaint, doing things you’re probably not even aware of The progressive online publication Electablog calls into question President Trump’s appointments and cuts to federal scientific advisory groups.
- Kalamazoo Commissioners Should Adopt Immigrant Driver ID Resolution Progressive publication Progress Michigan called for driver’s licenses to be supported by undocumented residents.
On the Right
- Universities or Roads? The Mackinac Center for Public Policy concludes that spending $100 million on road improvements is a better value than the same amount spent on state universities.
- Happy Independence Day Michigan RightMI.com publishes the Declaration of Independence, a transcription from the National Archives.
- Let's Give Workers Voting Rights to Keep or Reject Unions A Mackinac Center for Public Policy blog advocates for giving workers the right to vote for or against union representation.
Down the Middle
- Gov. Whitmer to Benton Harbor High: Raise Scores, Balance Books or Close An article from Bridge Magazine outlines Gov. Whitmer’s plan for Benton Harbor to improve outcomes for students.
- Whitmer's gas tax can't guarantee fixed roads An article from Detroit News debates the economic impact of Gov. Whitmer’s tax hike proposal and urges the state to cut unnecessary spending instead.
- Michigan's rural and urban schools face same issues across a political divide An article from Detroit Free Press discusses the need for the state to intervene in funding special education services.