To the Right:
- Six More Ideas for Savings in the State Budget James Hohman with the Mackinaw Policy Center blog talks budget priorities for the Michigan budget.
- Schools Get More For Fewer Students, Spending Interests Claim Cuts Tom Gantert with Michigan Capitol Confidential talks school spending cuts and low enrollment in Michigan K-12 schools.
To the Left:
- Michigan School Funding Lower Now Than 25 Years Ago Ken Coleman with Michigan Advance talks MSU study and inadequate school funding.
- A subversion of democracy Gilda Jacobs, of the Michigan League of Public Policy, writes in the blog Factually Speaking about the recent “lame duck” legislative session.
- Want to help Michigan’s poor and middle class? Scrap the gas tax. Al Churchill talks about scrapping gas tax with Bridge Magazine.
Down the Middle:
- New Michigan Governer, lawmakers should boost electric vehicle market. From Bridge Magazine commentary, Anne Kelly and Ellen Hughes-Cromwick talk about boosting the electric vehicle market in Michigan.
- Six things to know about the federal government shutdown in Michigan. Lindsay VanHulle and Jim Malewitz talk about the impact of Federal government shutdown on Michigan.
- Sex offender registry afoul of constitution The Detroit News advocates revamping the state’s Sex Offender Registry Act to reform the state’s criminal justice system.