On the Left
- Klobuchar Points to Whitmer in Dem Debate as an Example of Women Candidates Who Win An article from Michigan Advances discusses why Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer was mentioned at a recent Democratic presidential candidate debate.
- Time to hold corporate polluters accountable A Progress Michigan blog urges state elected officials to take charge to protect Michigan from the climate crisis.
Down the Middle
- Michigan Residents Say They Oppose Uncertified Teachers Leading Classrooms An article published in Bridge Magazine says that new survey research indicates that Michigan residents want trained educators teaching students in the classroom.
- Five Things to Know About Michigan Medicaid Work Rules A Bridge Magazine article outlines new requirements for Medicaid work rules in Michigan.
- Biz development as political tool? No, thanks A Detroit News editorial debates the role of public funding for revitalizing communities.
On the Right
- A Good Economy Means More State Revenue Without a Tax Hike A Mackinac Center for Public Policy blog proposes that good economic times increase tax and fee collections rather than higher taxes.
- Road Debt Gives Michigan Little Other Than Interest Payments A Mackinac Center for Public Policy blog indicates that taking on debt for road repair isn’t a viable option.
- Without Context, Water Use Claims Are Misleading (Millions? Billions? Trillions?) An analysis published in Michigan Capitol Confidential includes statistics about water consumption in Michigan.