On the Left
- Statewide Effort Required to Improve Maternal and Infant Health Outcomes in Michigan In a news release, Michigan League for Public Policy shares data from a new report calling for policy changes and increased funding for maternal and infant health in Michigan.
- Make these changes to help Detroit water customers In an opinion piece in the Detroit Free Press, Hydrate Detroit calls for a 90-day amnesty on shutting off water services to the city’s poorest residents.
- Gretchen Whitmer asks to stop Michigan Medicaid Work Rules; 80,000 at Risk A Bridge Magazine Michigan Health Watch details Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s request to a federal court to suspend a program requiring Medicaid beneficiaries to prove they’re working.
Down the Middle
- 10 Michigan Counties are at Risk to be Undercounted in Census A Michigan Advance article details challenges ahead for the 2020 Census and some populations of Michigan residents.
- Michigan Senate Moves to Deregulate Health Care Bridge Magazine’s Michigan Health Watch report follows a Senate committee’s action to deregulate healthcare regulations.
- Attracting talent key to fixing skilled labor shortage An opinion piece published in The Detroit News outlines the need to grow the talent pool to keep up with the increasing demand for skilled labor in Detroit.
On the Right
- Michigan Should Move Forward with Medicaid Work Requirements A blog published in the Mackinaw Center for Public Policy highlights the benefits of the new Medicaid work requirements.
- Strengthen State Spending Limits A Mackinaw Center for Public Policy blog counters the argument for raising state taxes just because the state still has room to raise taxes under the Headlee limit
- Use Better Assumptions to Pay for Pensions Commentary in Michigan Capitol Confidential stresses the need to pay attention to the state pension systems to reduce costs taxpayers face over the long term.