On the Left
- Gov Signs Gambling, Sports Betting Bills An article from Michigan Advance shares details of a package of legislation legalizing online gaming and sports betting in Michigan.
- Whitmer Tells Trump Admin Michigan Will Still Welcome Refugees An article from Michigan Advance describes Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s position on welcoming refugees in Michigan.
- Less Fear, More Information An article from Michigan League for Public Policy shares information on Michigan sexual education laws.
Down the Middle
- With Spike in STD's, should Michigan force all schools to teach Sex Ed? An article published in Bridge Magazine asks critical questions about the current challenges to Michigan sexual education requirements.
- Michigan Gov. Whitmer on Tough First Year: 'I did what I said I was going to' Whitmer’s thoughts on her first year in office in Bridge Magazine.
- Audit: Hundreds of Local Election Officials in Michigan Lack Required Training An article published in the Detroit Free Press finds that a recent state audit concluded that hundreds of local government units don’t have clerks who are fully accredited to oversee an election.
On the Right
- 'Trump Tax Cuts' Have Benefited Union Workers An article published in the Mackinac Center for Public Policy discusses the 2017 tax reform package and how it helped union workers.
- A Recap of the 100th Michigan Legislature The Mackinac Center for Public Policy recaps the 2019 legislative session and the volume of lawmakers’ activity.
- This Land is Your Land - But Under These Bills Not the Water Michigan Capital Confidential reviews legislation to give government – rather than private owners – the ability to decide if uses of nearby waters are in the public interest.