- 3 ways Michigan elections remain vulnerable and what the state can do about it An article from Bridge Magazine shares insights on new methods to secure elections. Michigan Political Leadership Program alum and Secretary of the State Jocelyn Benson is quoted discussing funding for the new methods to close any election vulnerabilities.
- Stateside: Weed and teen brains; emergency manager overhaul bills; Amash leaves the GOP — now what? IPPSR Affiliate Eric Scorsone focuses on a recent proposal to overhaul the emergency manager law of 2012 on the podcast “Stateside” produced by Michigan Radio.
- Findings upend assumptions about racial gaps in special ed Scott Imberman, IPPSR Affiliate and professor of economics and education policy at Michigan State University, comments on research he co-authored that looks into data for racial gaps in special education.
- Michigan Farmers Impacted by Heavy Rainfall Eligible for Low-Interest Loans under New Law Gov. Gretchen Whitmer signed into law a bill sponsored by MPLP alum and state Rep. Mark Huizenga. The legislation is designed to give relief to struggling Michigan farmers due to the weather.
- Whitmer Invites Women's Soccer to Michigan to Talk 'Pay Equity over a Cup of Tea'
- Gov. Whitmer issued an executive order in June creating a Task Force on Women in Sports to promote gender equality in Michigan. MPLP alum and Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson, who chairs the commission, invited the U.S Women’s National Soccer Team to Michigan to talk to women in sports.
- To The Point: Sen. McCann on campaign finance MPLP alum and state Rep. Sean McCann comments on his campaign finance reform legislation on an episode of “To The Point” produced by WoodTV.
- SBAM Names State Rep Donna Lasinski as Legislator of the Year The Small Business Association of Michigan has named MPLP alum and state Rep. Donna Lasinski legislator of the year.
- How Brandon Brice is Helping the Youth of America Brandon Brice, a political commentator who is also a part of the 2019 class of Michigan Political leadership program at MSU, is quoted in an article published in The Open News, an online portal.
- Can Diversity and Liberalism Rise Together? IPPSR Director Matt Grossmann asks whether diversity and liberalism can rise together on the podcast “Science of Politics” produced for the Niskanen Center.