- Michigan State Could Add Fall Break, Including Election Day IPPSR Affiliate Faculty Sarah Reckhow, associate professor of political science, comments on a proposed student break and its effects on election turnout.
- MSU is helping to develop a driverless shuttle that will carry Detroit auto show visitors IPPSR Affiliate Faculty Shelia Cotten’s research into an autonomous shuttle to address mobility and accessibility was featured in the Lansing State Journal. She is an MSU Foundation Professor in the Department of Media and Information.
- Audit raises red flags on Flint's finances, but mayor says city can recover Eric Scorsone, IPPSR affiliate faculty member and MSU economist, was quoted in an article about Flint’s worsening pension debt.
- Michigan Redistricting Commission Could Be A Model For Other States, SOS Says Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson shares how the citizen-led redistricting commission could serve as a model for other states. Benson, an alumni of the Michigan Political Leadership Program, spoke at an Institute for Public Policy and Survey Research Public Policy Forum on redistricting. MPLP is a unit of IPPSR in the College of Social Science at MSU.
- Fix Special Ed Funding to Help Kids across Michigan IPPSR Affiliate Faculty David Arsen, MSU professor of education policy, was featured in an article about Michigan’s special education financing.
- If Pure Michigan funding is to be restored, now is the time! State Sen. Wayne Schmidt, an MPLP alum, supports legislation to restore funding to a campaign to support the state’s Pure Michigan travel promotion campaign.
- Did Americans' Racial Attitudes Elect Trump? IPPSR Director Matt Grossmann dives into the debate on the 2016 election and what influenced the election of President Donald Trump on the podcast “Science of Politics” produced for the Niskansen Center.
- Education Politics in Betsey DeVos' Home State Are Very Polarized. Is It an Outlier? Sarah Reckhow, IPPSR affiliate faculty and associate professor of political science, is featured in this article sharing her working paper on interest groups and education.
- Huge Michigan Voter Turnout Could Turn Into National Embarrassment MPLP alum and Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson talks about ways to make Election 2020 run more efficiently.