- Here's what Ann Arbor Lawmakers are doing about PFAS State Rep. and MPLP Alum Donna Lasinski is quoted in an MLive article about ways the Republican controlled House is an obstacle to finding solutions with PFAS.
- Scores of school employee contracts unsettled IPPSR Affiliate David Arsen’s study on Michigan school funding referred in a Fox47 article discussing failure of state to pass education budget in time this year. He’s a professor of Educational Administration at MSU.
- Urgent Need to Reward and Retain Pre-Kindergarten Teachers In a MSU Today podcast, an IPPSR Michigan Applied Public Policy Research Program paper is discussed. The paper shared the need to support pre-kindergarten teachers in Michigan. The authors include Bethany Wilinski, assistant professor in MSU’s Department of Teacher Education. Alyssa Morley, Ph.D., a research associate in MSU’s Department of Teacher Education, and Jessica Marie Landgraf, a Ph.D. student in educational policy.
- Michigan Secretary of State looks to increase voter participation among college students with task force Secretary of State and MPLP Alum Jocelyn Benson created a task force seeking inputs of college students in increasing voter participation.
- Ideas abound, but no concrete plans yet as Michigan lawmakers consider road funding fix State Sen. and MPLP Alum Wayne Schmidt was quoted in an MLive article outlining the status of the House budget meetings on road funding.
- Residents Share Road Funding Possibilities At Bollin Town Hall State Rep. and MPLP Alum Ann Bollin hosted a town hall meeting in to seek input from communities on the House of Representatives’ road funding plan.
- Michigan Attorney General asks Federal Court to Drop Redistricting Lawsuit Attorney General Dana Nessel represented Secretary of State and MPLP Alum Jocelyn Benson in a lawsuit aimed at dismantling a new citizen commission to end gerrymandering in Michigan.
- How Presidential Debates Influence Voters IPPSR Director Matt Grossmann focuses on the influence of presidential debates on the podcast “Science of Politics” produced for the Niskanen Center.
- House Democrats call for increased air quality accountability standards, resident protection State Rep. and MPLP Alum Tyrone Carter spoke at a news conference seeking fundamental changes to air quality regulations in Michigan.