- Campaign Gets Word Out About State Savings Program For People With Disabilities State Sen and MPLP alum Ken Horn helps promote a campaign of benefit to people with disabilities.
- Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson Makes Recommendations to Improve Efficiency in Branch Offices MPLP alumna and Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson visits all 131 Secretary of State branch offices across the state to identity ways to make improvements for better service.
- MSU Partnerships in Flint Turn Toxic Past into Promising 'Model for the Nation' IPPSR Forum panelist Dr. Debra Furr-Holden, interim director of MSU College of Human Medicine’s Division of Public Health, is quoted in a story about child development in Flint.
- Dems Introduce LGBT Adoption Bills MPLP alumnus and state Sen. Jeremy Moss was one of four state senators who introduced legislation to eliminate discriminatory practices in adoption agencies.
- Bill Package Would Allow People Convicted Of Marijuana-Related Crimes To Have Sentences Reviewed State Sen. And MPLP alumna Sylvia Santana authored a bill which would completely terminate or reduce the sentence for people on probation or in prison for marijuana-related crimes.
- Bipartisan lawmakers sponsor Whitmer scholarship, skills training programs In bipartisan legislation, state Sen. and MPLP alum Ken Horn introduced creation of a free skills-training program for adults at community colleges. The legislation was designed to fill the “talent deficit” in Michigan.
- 2020 Fundraising Totals: Where the Presidential Candidates Stand President Donald Trump has the conservative fundraising field to himself while Democrats vie for donations, says IPPSR Director Matt Grossmann in a Forbes magazine article.
- Whitmer Nets GOP, Business Support for Tuition-Free Programs An Associated Press wire service report notes that Republican Sen. Ken Horn, an MPLP alum, is sponsor of a legislation to provide debt-free tuition for adults seeking to learn new job skills. The legislation was proposed by Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.