- Partisan disagreement over masks on display during Michigan Legislature hearing - Rep. Tyrone Carter, a Michigan Political Leadership Program alumni, gains a cite in this Detroit News article. He called attention to Republican lawmakers not wearing masks said to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
- MI House OKs bill preventing COVID-19 patients to be housed in nursing homes - Rep. Lori Stone, a Michigan Political Leadership Program graduate, is mentioned in a NBC 25 News report about legislation governing coronavirus cases in nursing homes.
- Michigan lawmakers say cheers to carry-out cocktails at restaurants, bars - Rep. Michael Webber sponsored bill HB 5781 which would allow for "social districts" where groups of bars or restaurants in designed geographic areas could sell alcoholic drinks. Webber is a Michigan Political Leadership Program alum.
Michigan Gov. Whitmer angers GOP lawmakers after using statewide emergency alert system for message on masks - Rep. Bradley Slagh, a Michigan Political Leadership Program alumni, will introduce legislation to restrict emergency alert system content. He was mentioned in this Fox News broadcast.
- Rep. Huizenga: Oversight into absentee ballot mailing needed to ensure election integrity - Rep. Mark Huizenga, a Michigan Political Leadership Program alum, called for discussion of Michigan’s recently expanded absentee balloting in this news release.
- Editorial: Our choices for Macomb County - Warren Treasurer Lorie Barnwell is running unopposed for county treasurer on the Democratic ballot. She is a Michigan Political Leadership Program alum.
- City Pulse on the Air – So far, it’s a one-issue presidential race with the pandemic the main focus, says IPPSR Director Matt Grossmann in his weekly broadcast with independent newspaper City Pulse.