SOSS - State of the State Survey
Initiated in October 1994, Michigan State University's State of the State Survey is the only survey conducted in Michigan designed to systematically monitor the public mood on important issues in major regions of the state. SOSS is administered by the Institute for Public Policy & Social Research's Office for Survey Research.
SOSS is a phone and online public opinion survey of Michigan adults.
The major goals of SOSS are to provide:
- Citizen opinion on timely issues.
- Data for scientific and policy research.
- Information and program evaluation for organizations, nonprofit groups and university faculty and administrators.
- Survey research methodology.
- Opportunities for student training and research.