You are here
Soren AndersonAssociate Professor, Economics
Biofuels, energy efficiency, energy markets, fuel-economy standards, land use, microeconometrics, alternative energy, bioeconomy, ethanol, and economics.
- Hotelling Under Pressure (with Ryan Kellogg and Stephen Salant), October 2015 (resubmitted at the Journal of Political Economy)
- Let Them Eat Switchgrass? Modeling the Displacement of Existing Food Crops by New Bioenergy Feedstocks (with Chenguang Wang and Jinhua Zhao), November 2012
- Hedonic Prices and Equilibrium Sorting in Housing Markets: A Classroom Simulation (with Michael Bates)
- Overlapping Strategies for Reducing Carbon Emissions from the Transportation Sector (with Carolyn Fischer and Alex Egorenkov), funded through EPA NCER
- Designing Policies to Make Cars Greener: A Review of the Literature (with James Sallee), forthcoming at Annual Review of Resource Economics
- The Intergenerational Transmission of Automobile Brand Preferences: Empirical Evidence and Implications for Firm Strategy (with Ryan Kellogg, Ashley Langer, and James Sallee), forthcoming at Journal of Industrial Economics
A Ban on One is a Boon for the Other: Strict Gasoline Content Rules and Implicit Ethanol Blending Mandates (with Andrew Elzinga), Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 67 (3): 258-273, May 2014.
What Do Consumers Believe About Future Gasoline Prices? (with Ryan Kellogg and James Sallee), Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 66 (3): 383-403, November 2013.
Diversify or Focus? Spending to Combat Infectious Diseases When Budgets Are Tight, (with Ramanan Laxminarayan and Stephen Salant), Journal of Health Economics 31 (4): 658675, July 2012.
The Demand for Ethanol as a Gasoline Substitute, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 63 (2): 151-168, March 2012.
Media CoverageParents drive kids’ car choices